IELTS speaking – IELTS Cue Card chủ đề: Describe an old friend you enjoy talking with (Nói về 1 người cũ mà bạn thực sự muốn nói chuyện cùng)
Bạn nên tập trung vào những ý chính sau đây:
- who this person is? (Người đó là ai vậy?)
- how you knew him/her (Bạn biết cô ấy/anh ấy như thế nào?)
- what you usually talk about?(Bạn thường nói về điều gì)
- explain why you want to talk to this person(Giải thích tại sao bạn lại muốn nói về con người đó)
Câu trả lời mẫu:
I have always been lucky enough to be surrounded by a large circle of friends who are incredibly supportive, compassionate and open-minded. And everybody knows how precious it is to have such a gift and I, of all people, know better than taking that for granted. That is why I always make effort to keep in touch with people I’ve become close with and one of whom is my ex-boss, aka my mentor – Eli.
Admittedly, it’s far from an ordinary relationship for most people, but to Eli and I, it came naturally. We first met during the training course we both attended for a luxurious soon-to-be-open restaurant in town roughly 2 years ago. Eli was our Filipino manager and I was about to be a hostess for the very first time. Every concept, every rule and every etiquette when working in hospitality industry just overwhelmed me and if it hadn’t been for Eli, a patient teacher as well as a dedicated friend, I wouldn’t have managed to complete my training and achieved high performance at our workplace. However, thanks to those hard times we’ve been through together, we became closer and our conversations would last endlessly ranging from family, career, happiness to setbacks in life. As a predecessor, Eli usually offers me valuable advice and emotional support whenever I confine in him. No lecturing. No “I told you so”. Just pure compassion. He always tries to bring out the best in people instead of being Mr. Know-it-all and patronizing, which is one of million things I admire about him.
Even though we are no longer working together and hanging out more often than we should, our strong bond has never got loose. We keep each other in the loop about everything significant happening around us and provide mutual support if needed.
Từ vựng và Cụm từ hữu dụng:
- take something/ someone for granted: không đánh giá cao giá trị của một cái gì đó / người nào đó
Ex: He has always taken her for granted, which is the main reason why they split up.
- make effort to do something: làm điều gì đó ngay cả khi bạn thấy nó quá khó để làm
Ex: Her parents made effort to reconcile their relationship but it didn’t work out.
- keep/remain/stay in touch with: duy trì thông tin liên lạc với ai đó
- come naturally: đến với ai đó 1 cách tự nhiên
Ex: Josh’s ability to play guitar came naturally when he was young.
- achieve high performance: làm một công việc tuyệt vời
Ex: They spend hours practicing everyday to achieve high performance in a play-off round.
- hard time: khó khăn để có thể được khắc phục với nỗ lực cao nhất
Ex: 2017 is going to be a hard time for real estate market.
- confide in someone: tin tưởng một ai đó với một của vấn đề bí mật hoặc cá nhân
Ex: Jack always has difficulty confining in anyone but his twin.
- bring out the best/ the worst in someone: Khiến một người nào đó hành xử theo cách tốt nhất / tồi tệ nhất
Ex: Susan is a bad influence. She always brings out the worst in me.
- Mr. Know-it-all (informal) (disapproving): một kẻ hành động như thể kẻ đó biết tất cả mọi thứ
Ex:We can’t get along with Steve, who plays Mr. Know-it-all every time someone raises a question as if we asked for his opinion.
- no longer = không còn nữa;
Các bạn xem:
Hãy truy cập IELTS Việt Nam để nhận được những bài tập IELTS speaking part 1, IELTS speaking part 2, tips luyện thi IELTS, tài liệu IELTS mới nhất nhé.